Banking, Insurance & Finance
Banking law is the broad term for laws that govern how banks and other financial institutions conduct business. Banks must comply with a myriad of central, state and even local regulations. We have provided services to various banks, Insurance Companies, and financial institutions in all kinds of transactions and regulatory compliances. TYJ has a team that keeps an eye on emerging changes in the laws, be it the banking sector, insurance sector, or finance. We represent many Government entities, private entities and listed entities with respect to their advisory related work, which includes subject matters like SEBI, FEMA, FDI, FATF, CAG, PMLA, SFIO, ED, CBI, and advising our clients in an ordinary course along with various litigation in the said parameters.
We work alongside leading financial institutions to meet the challenges of a constantly evolving regulatory landscape, relating to lending, distressed debt and increasing complexity of financial services regulation. We advise a broad range of stakeholders including domestic and international banks, private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies, institutional investors, non-banking financial companies, multilateral institutions, speciality funds, asset reconstruction companies and corporate borrowers.
Areas of Focus:
- Acquisition Financing- We structure acquisition financings involving both private equity and strategic buyers and advise on all aspects, from the structuring and commitment phase to closing and subsequent amendments and refinancings.
- Leveraged Finance- We advise clients on all types of leveraged financings, from lower middle-market to global corporates including secured loan facilities, recapitalisation, working capital or general corporate purposes, integrated bank and bond financings, asset-based and multi-currency facilities.
- Debt Restructuring- We effectively protect the interests of our clients including lenders, borrowers, investors and acquirers, in out-of-court restructuring through our firm’s finance and restructuring experience.
- Real Estate Investment and Finance- We have extensive experience in secured real estate finance and regularly represent banks and other institutional lenders in ensuring loans being secured for all types of commercial and residential real estate.
- Junior Capital- We represent institutional investors and funds in structuring and documenting investments in mezzanine products of all types including senior subordinated debt, equity co-investments and preferred equity.
- Consumer Lending, Digital Banking and Payment Solutions- We advise mortgage and consumer lenders, payment service providers and e-money institutions apart from small banks, payment banks, e-wallet and leasing corporations on new age innovative products based on financial technology.
- Corporate Lending- We represent banks, institutional investors and mutual funds in structuring and documenting syndicated and bilateral loans.