GST & Taxation
Goods and Services Tax (GST) is not just a tax reform but an altering step that has impacted competitive business practices in India. Our GST and Taxation team pro-actively stays abreast with the rules, regulations and amendments of the tax laws and is involved in advisory & litigation to handle all GST and tax related issues. Proper advisory services are crucial in navigating GST, as any missteps can result in unforeseen liabilities with ongoing consequences.
TYJ has an experienced and dedicated team of distinguished professionals, Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries, Corporate Financial Advisors, Tax Consultants, and lawyers providing end-to-end support and services encompassing GST and Tax laws in India.
We assist companies by ensuring preventive litigation in the post-GST era and have a legacy of ensuring a fair and strategical litigation during the pre-GST era.
We help businesses prepare for GST implementation, including GST registrations, tax credit transitions, GST returns, supply chain process review, vendor contract review, GST internal audit, GST advisory, and IT/EDP system modifications.
Areas of Focus:
- Customs Tariff issues such as the classification of goods under the valuation under Customs Valuation Rules, eligibility for exemption benefits, rebate claims for Customs Duty, anti-dumping and safeguard duty, the Duty Entitlement Pass Book (DEPB) Scheme, Foreign Exchange Management (FEMA), and import compliance procedures.
- Central excise issues such as the classification of goods under the Excise Tariff, excise valuation, CENVAT credit, reversal/non-reversal of credit, eligibility for exemptions, central excise return filing, and central excise registration are some focus areas in which our team hold expertise and years of experience.
- Service tax issues such as the classification of services, taxability of services, input service credit, eligibility for exemptions, export of services, payment of tax under the reverse charge mechanism, service tax return filing, and service tax registration.
- VAT/sales tax issues such as chargeability of VAT, valuation, state-specific exemptions, VAT credit, VAT rebate, VAT/sales tax return filing, and VAT/sales tax registration.
- Foreign trade policy issues such as the classification of goods, export of goods, deemed exports, export benefits through EDI, the Export Promotion Capital Goods (EPCG) scheme, eligibility for export benefits, duty rebate claims, exporter registration, and export compliance procedures.